Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Heartinternet Set-up

Go to End

Bulldog

Community Member, 1 Post

12 August 2008 at 9:26am

Edited: 12/08/2008 9:54am

WOW. OK so after a couple of hours trying to install Silverstripe on Heartinternet servers I finally have it working so I thought I would share my adventure with anyone who needs it.
First I unpacked the sofware and uploaded it to my server. Heartinternet used PHP4 and PHP5 so you have to create a '.htaccess file' and add the following code the make the server treat all the files on the software as php5, (SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 5). Save this file and upload it to your server root.
Next you have to create a database which you can easily do vie the heartinternet control panel but when you do the server automatically changes the db name from (e.g. "silver" to "web123-silver") and you can't remove the shashes as the server automatically replaces tham. So you need to open up "install.php file and at about line 21 look for the following code;

"// Load database config
if(isset($_REQUEST['mysql'])) {
$databaseConfig = $_REQUEST['mysql'];
} else {
$databaseConfig = array(
"server" => "localhost",
"username" => "",
"password" => "",
"database" => "",
);
}

add the username with the slashes that the server changes it to and the password you provided. Use the same username for the database name.

When you do this you will probably see the message in the install page saying someting like;
"I have already installed silverstripe. If you continue I will replace the .htaccess file and another one (sorry I forgot which one) continue and it will try to install until you get the mod-rewrite error. If you force continue you will get an error. Well remember that silverstripe replaced the htaccess file so heartinternet thinks it's back in php4 mode. Re-upload your htaccess file and your good to go.

So in summary.

1. Create your database on the heartinternet servers making a note of the name and password.
2. Create a .htaccess file with the following code "SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 5".
Open the install.php page and at look for the code mentioned above and add your username and password.
3. Upload all the files to your server.
4. Open your URL in a browser and follow the instructions.
5. If you get the mod_rewrite errors, re upload your .htaccess file then force the continue.
6. All done.

I hope this makes sense and helps a few issues on the website.

Thanks guys