Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

recent break in youtube service?

Go to End

3 Posts   2769 Views

Berteh

Community Member, 11 Posts

14 August 2008 at 9:02pm

Hello,

Recently the YouTube gallery pages I used stopped working (displayed no video any more) and output the following error message:

Notice: Error occurred in processing YouTube response in /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php on line 90 (see trace below)

The pages were working fine 2 weeks ago (and possibly more recently).

From the error details below I guess the API changed... but don't know how to fix it. you have any hint?
(this is quite urgent as the website is in production....). I used the "display playlist" option of this module, feel free to try with the youtube playlist id 03BE864A5392CD9F, it should work.

thanks,
Berteh.

exception details:

exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php:55
Stack trace:
#0 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php(55): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('')
#1 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php(170): YoutubeService->getVideosFeed('playlists/03BE8...', Array, '10', 1)
#2 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeGallery.php(67): YoutubeService->getPlaylist('03BE864A5392CD9...', '10', 1, 'updated')
#3 [internal function]: YoutubeGallery->YoutubeVideos()
#4 /(...)/public_html/sapphire/core/Object.php(177): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: Object->__call('YoutubeVideos', Array)
#6 /(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeGallery.php(105): YoutubeGallery_Controller->YoutubeVideos()
#7 [internal function]: YoutubeGallery_Controller- in <b>/(...)/public_html/youtubeservice/code/YoutubeService.php</b> on line <b>91</b><br />

Berteh

Community Member, 11 Posts

19 August 2008 at 2:57am

Edited: 19/08/2008 2:58am

I got this answer from Lakshan, the original module developper:

Yeah this module is deprecated now as YouTube has changed their API
 structure since release of this module.

I'm currently stuck with some other commitments, so sorry about not releasing a new update.
 But I'm sure there may be other contributors who may work on the next version of this module.

If any want knows where I can find some more info about the youtube API please give me the pointers and I'll try to correct the module as I really need it ;o)

thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 August 2008 at 11:19am

This is a mirgation guide on youtube you can use for a few pointers on whats changed - http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/migration.html and the new api docs are here http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html . Yell out if you have any issues