Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problems after migration

Go to End

4 Posts   1971 Views

DonL

Community Member, 9 Posts

15 August 2008 at 10:56am

I've just moved a site I developed on a local WAMP setup to a LAMP server by migrating the MYSQL database, then copying the SS2.2.2 directory over. Had to tinker with the .htaccess because I moved the install from the a subdirectory to the root, and to default to PHP5, and had to edit the _config.php for the new MYSQL connection details, but the site now comes up fine.

However, now at the new location when I connect to the CMS I have 2 problems:

1) I can't edit the password on the admin account to change it from the default - the admin user doesn't even show up on the user list even though I'm logged in as admin.

2) When I save & publish changes or new pages in the CMS, they're not reflected on the site, even with the flush keyword specified.

It's been mentioned that there may be some case sensitivity issues with the migration from WAMP to LAMP, and I suppose there could be some issues related to the fact that the development box was running MySQL 5.0.something and the deployment server is on 4.1.something.

Any suggestions on solving these two issues?

DonL

15 August 2008 at 11:37am

Well, I solved problem #2 on my own... it was one of those ID10T errors - I was looking at the wrong window and editing the local CMS instead of the deployed one! The admin password issue still applies, though.

DonL

15 August 2008 at 12:12pm

(Yeah, I'm following up on my own question again...)

I tried the method suggested in this post - no additional users had been created yet - but that has left me unable to log into the CMS at all. Now when I enter admin & either the new or old password, it just returns to the login page but with no errors and no form visible.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

15 August 2008 at 12:57pm

So if you look at your database using Phpmyadmin is there any users at all in the system? You could also try and hard code a member by putting this in your /mysite/_config.php file

Security::setDefaultAdmin("admin", "password");