Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

How to include same widgets in all pages???

Go to End

Louie

Community Member, 9 Posts

21 August 2008 at 4:49am

Hello there. I'm having bit of a problem with my widgets not showing up in other pages. I just found out that $Sidebar only shows up in the blog page, but not in other pages. How can I make it appear to my pages?

There are some widgets that need not be in the blog page only (like countdown widget). It can be included in the home page, for instance. I'm still trying to figure out how can I solve this problem but it seems that some questions related in the forums are not exactly like this. Some resort to editting CMS fields of the page types, resulting for the user to add different widgets in different pages, making the user manually manage these widgets in the CMS. But what I'm trying to do is to have only a same set of widgets, with the same information in it, appear in all pages such that I don't have to manually go to each page type and input the same values over and over again.

Anyone else have the same dilemma?