Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Add own branding to CMS

Go to End

3 Posts   2412 Views

Antho

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 August 2008 at 1:52pm

Hi, I'm new to SilverStripe and absolutely love it so far, and as a web designer, I would like to offer it to my clients. I am definately going to expand the code base as there are heaps of things I think could be added to it.

But for the moment, I was wondering, is it OK to add my branding to the admin console? I am not talking about removing Silverstripe's branding, but adding my own to the admin area, to give more credibility to my offering to my clients, and also have some continuity in the solutions I provide.

I have read the license agreement, and feel that it should be OK to do this, but would like to know for sure. Taking credit for someone else's work is wrong and I would never do that, but would like to know if this is possible? I have read other posts but feel that the answer has not been properly explained. (I'm no legal beaver!)

Thanks in advance.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 August 2008 at 7:05pm

You can add your own branding to the CMS without any issue. So feel free to customize it!. We even make it easy by giving you methods to change the logo and names so you dont have to hack the core code.

You can set LeftAndMain::setLogo() , LeftAndMain::set_loading_image() to set the loading image and LeftAndMain::setApplicationName() in your projects _config file to overwrite the default styles.

Antho

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 August 2008 at 10:40pm

Great, thank you very much for the information. I must say I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. Great system and logic. My company hopes to integrate SilverStripe completely into our toolset.

I've already started working on implementing an eWay payment module for the eCommerce system. Not sure if it will work but I'm giving it a shot any how!

Thanks
Anthony
http://www.webline.com.au