Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Form fields not publishing

Go to End

12 Posts   10100 Views

shauna

Community Member, 7 Posts

29 August 2008 at 12:29pm

Hi all

I am creating a Contact Us form page in SS with multiple text fields (name, address, phone etc) all up there are approx 10 text fields. After creating, then publishing, the published page only has some of the text fields. I have tried flush=1, deleting and reinserting, renaming, reordering the fields but I can never get all the fields to publish, it seems to be a max of 2 fields on the published site at any time.

Is this a database/config issue? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

grilldan

Community Member, 135 Posts

29 August 2008 at 1:21pm

I ran into this error too. I can make forms fine on localhost, but when I try to make one on my web server, I get only a few of the fields.

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

29 August 2008 at 8:35pm

Edited: 29/08/2008 8:35pm

Yep, same experience here. But the following might work: while constructing your form, hit the save button after each change you make. So, if you have a form with five textfields for instance, hit save after you have created each textfield with its properties set...

HTH

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

29 August 2008 at 10:29pm

Have experienced the exact same behaviour in the past... so subscribe :-)

shauna

30 August 2008 at 12:41am

thanks all and dio5..subscribe to....??

SilverRay

Community Member, 167 Posts

30 August 2008 at 12:51am

He meant that he posted a message to this thread just to be able to "subscribe" because the forum does not allow you to do this without posting some message it seems... ;)

shauna

30 August 2008 at 4:47pm

Edited: 30/08/2008 4:49pm

Hi all

I have found a solution to this issue. Enter one form field at a time and after each, save/publish the form AND ALSO refresh the form/CMS browser page. I don't know what is causing it but there appears to be a caching/refresh problem whereby it looks like you are adding new form fields into the SS but you actually are not. The CMS form page refresh shows exactly what has been entered and retained by the CMS and consequently publishes. Hope this helps others with the same issue

markorton

Community Member, 4 Posts

11 September 2008 at 7:05am

I have tried this "save" cycle idea. The current problem is that I can only get three input boxes on my form page. Would like to solve this.

Mark

Go to Top