Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SubDomain help

Go to End

4 Posts   1856 Views

pbtaz

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 September 2008 at 6:01am

Created this subdomain on my hostgator server
travel-usa.airportbyappointment.com plus placed in in the behavior tab for home page, saved and published, but cannot access home with that and receievede this 404 not found URL /TRAVEL-USA/sapphire/main.php was not found on this server

address only access is through folder option airportbyappointment.com/travel-usa

any help please?????

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

3 September 2008 at 9:53am

Hey there pbtaz,

In order for SilverStripe to run correctly with subdomains, youll need to make sure that all the domains point to the same wwwroot - that is, both airportbyappointment AND travel-usa.airportbyappointment.com should have their wwwroot set to where you installed SilverStripe.

pbtaz

Community Member, 2 Posts

3 September 2008 at 11:13am

both airportbyappointment AND travel-usa.airportbyappointment.com should have their wwwroot set to where you installed SilverStripe.

Thanks ajshort so I gues you mean that I need to install SS to Root then change behavior to travel.airportbyappointment.com, is that the cure?

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

3 September 2008 at 4:07pm

Well, you can just leave your existing installation in place. Just make sure that all domains you want to run off it point to this location for the document root. Otherwise youll get a 404 like that when it tries to load sapphire/main.php from a different directory.