Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Custom group forms

Go to End

2 Posts   1217 Views

StuM

Community Member, 59 Posts

10 September 2008 at 8:40am

Edited: 10/09/2008 8:42am

Hi All,

I'll start with what I am trying to achieve. I have a SS system with 3 groups, admins, partners and clients. I wish to leave the Member fields as-is with admins, but I want to have different fields for partners and clients, which appear and can be edited via Security > Members > Edit Member. I don't want irrelevant fields to appear for any given member either, so the popup will be different depending on the group the member belongs to. The Security > Members list can remain as it is.

Is this possible, and if so, any pointers on how to do this?

I'm also building a module for the partners, I can keep it all in there, just thought it would be nice to have it accessible from the Security section as well, and already have a PartnerMember to store the extra details.

StuM

Community Member, 59 Posts

10 September 2008 at 9:14am

More on this, I also have Partner content pages, each partner has exactly one page, would it be better to build onto that, having it all editable from Site Content? That would be the easiest way I'd say, but I'm not sure if it's the best approach