Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Weird no-loading issue

Go to End

4 Posts   1314 Views

k3liutZu

Community Member, 3 Posts

11 September 2008 at 8:56pm

Hello,

first-of-all i'm new to SS.

I'm having a problem with the site sometimes not loading. As if the server is responding with a blank page. This happens in the front-end and also in the back-end. This also happens when i'm updating content. Approx 1 out of 4 refreshes works. In the admin, when i'm saving i get an error. After some (2-3) clicks on the Save button, i get a Succesfull message.

From what i guess this could be
1. a htaccess issue
2. a cache issue
3. db issue

I had a fresh install yesterday. This was happening constantly. (no modules or other extras installed)
I then deleted everything and reinstalled, dupmed db, reinstalled (without the statistics checkbox) and the site worked like a charm.

I then put up some modules (blog, forum, gallery and youtubeservices). Run /db/biuld/?flush=1 and went to bed.

This morning the site is showing the same symptoms. ~60% of all requests made to the server don't come back. Or come back empty...

Anyone have any ideea where to look?

URL: http://crystaltop.designpunct.ro/

just click on the menu links and a balnk page shoul now-and-then appear. when that happens refresh a couple of times.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 September 2008 at 11:54pm

Could it be a memory limit issue? that would explain why things bailed with extra modules

k3liutZu

12 September 2008 at 1:21am

Physical space could not be a problem.
PHP allocated mamory? Could be... but wouldn't i get some php errors if that was the case?
Also RAM related issus shouldn't be. As i have another 2 db driven sites on the same hosting account and i'm not experiencing problems with those.

k3liutZu

12 September 2008 at 8:35pm

I reinstalled everything on a different hosting and it seems to be working fine now... I still don't know what the problem was, but i'm happy as its working now.

Thanks for looking into my problem willr :)