Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Newsletteradmin not sending emails

Go to End

4 Posts   1427 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

18 September 2008 at 1:45am

I've set up the newsletters section on my site. All is fine except for it won't send. I have a 'from email address' entered and also Email::setAdminEmail('myname@mysite.com'); in my _config.php file. Is there anything else i need to do? I'm working from my localhost... should this matter?

Thanks

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

18 September 2008 at 2:10am

You need to specify a SMTP-Server in your php.ini. Search for "SMTP" in your php.ini and add some SMTP-Server (You should be able to use the one you got from your mail provider).

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

18 September 2008 at 3:22am

Edited: 18/09/2008 3:27am

Thanks Florian. Sorry, where exactly is this file located? I'm using WAMP so would it be bin/php/php5.2.6...

I tried a php.ini file in there and it didn't seem to work. Am i correct in saying that this wouldn't be a problem if I was already running Silverstripe on a production server? Is it just because i'm on localhost?

FlorianH

Community Member, 33 Posts

19 September 2008 at 7:00pm

Hello Briohny

when you use you WAMP you could just cleft-click on the icon in your TaskBar, choose "PHP" and then "php.ini". You'll need to search for this part:

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = putYourSMTPServerHere.com
smtp_port = 25

On a production server the php.ini is usually configured properly, so this should work without any problems and if it does not, contact your host admin.