Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

XML Parsing Error in FF


Go to End


4 Posts   3153 Views

Avatar
Mishy

Community Member, 24 Posts

21 September 2008 at 5:36am

Edited: 21/09/2008 5:37am

XML Parsing Error: mismatched tag. Expected: </body>.
Location: http://www.search4pharma.co.uk/permanent/
Line Number 224, Column 3:</div>
--^

I have tried everything I can think of and checked the div tags over and over again and cannot figure out how to fix this.

On the pages where I use a page extension template I get an XML Parsing Error.

Where I don't extend the template and just use the Page.ss it works fine.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

http://www.search4pharma.co.uk

Avatar
Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

21 September 2008 at 8:36am

There is definitely and error in your template, I count two extra </div>'s. Want to post the template file?

Avatar
Mishy

Community Member, 24 Posts

21 September 2008 at 9:01am

It's really weird, with the original error that you mentioned yesterday, I couldn't see that the Page.ss was missing any div tags but when I added an extra div it fixed the home page error.

Trouble is, I am used to dealing with a single page of XHTML in it's entirety for each web page I want to create, not parts of pages brought together into one final page. This is probably where I am getting a bit mixed up. :-(

Avatar
Mishy

Community Member, 24 Posts

21 September 2008 at 9:19pm

A good night's sleep and fresh eyes and I have fixed the problem. Went through all the code and commented start and finish of each div. I picked up on a couple of errors and it all seems to be working well now :-)