Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Upgrading TinyMCE

Go to End

5 Posts   3026 Views

darkhouse

Community Member, 12 Posts

2 October 2008 at 9:27am

I noticed that SS uses TinyMCE v2.1.3, however TinyMCE v3.2.0.1 is now available. Without knowing exactly what's been changed, I would have to think that this new version must be at least somewhat better. I'm currently having issues with it destroying certain elements and things are not lining up properly. I haven't tried the new version, so I don't know if it will be solved, but I'm curious if it's as simple as just replacing the contents of the jsparty/tinymce folder. If not, is there any plan on an upgrade to SS that will include a new version of TinyMCE?

Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 October 2008 at 9:40am

The updated tinymce is going to be part of 2.3 - http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/2134

darkhouse

Community Member, 12 Posts

2 October 2008 at 12:01pm

Excellent, thank you. Any idea when this will be available? Just curious if it's days, weeks or months away. Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 October 2008 at 12:09pm

I would say look out near the end of the month for a beta / RC release. You can see the milestone here - http://open.silverstripe.com/milestone/2.3.0 . Not all those tickets will be done for 2.3, some will be pushed to 2.4 I guess so Its hard to gauge.

ylluminate

Community Member, 24 Posts

21 October 2008 at 9:22am

This is a real hinderance for us at the moment, is there a way to get 3.2 into 2.2.2 right away in some temporary fix?