Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

image "Null" issues

Go to End

5 Posts   2176 Views

ash

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 October 2008 at 12:25pm

Hi all,

I am having a problem with one of my images. It is a table created in adobe illustrator that I've uploaded into my site as both a .png and .gif file. After I insert either of the images into my chosen page it shows up perfectly and I save my page. When I publish the page my image is nowhere to be found. Plus, if i go back to the page in CMS later - the image is a blank rectangle (i attached it).

Any suggestions?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 October 2008 at 12:54pm

Edited: 02/10/2008 12:55pm

are you copying and pasting the images from illustrator into the site? If you are then you have to upload the images first to the 'Files and Images' section, then in your content click the image icon -> insert image and select the image file that way.

If this is already how you are doing it, try it again and after you have inserted the image into a page, right click the image and select 'Image Properties'. The Image url in that popup should be "assets/..." for it to work. If it points somewhere else that could be why its on working

Woops ignore that first paragraph. Didn't read your post well enough!

ash

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 October 2008 at 1:03pm

Thanks so much for the reply, the image url that comes up is:
assets/Images/jacksonsbudget.png?r=78073

But my published page says "null" where the image should be:
http://lacamac:8888/silverstripe/view-a-sample-budget/

It is the strangest thing - I haven't had any problems with images before.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 October 2008 at 1:22pm

can you edit in that same Image Properties window edit the URL to remove the ?r=78073 then save then try again. I don't know why there is a ?r there but that could be messing with something

artlung

Community Member, 10 Posts

4 October 2008 at 7:00am

The fault is in TinyMCE -- this is a known issue [link]http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/1979[/link] and supposedly this patch will be rolled into SilverStripe 2.2.3.