Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Errors when Importing Recipients to Newsletter Mailing List

Go to End

3 Posts   3115 Views

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

9 June 2007 at 10:47am

Edited: 09/06/2007 10:48am

Using the latest SilverStripe gsoc branch SVN r36618, the first time I try importing a CSV file I get these errors:
Notice: Undefined variable: funcName in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php on line 54

Notice: Undefined variable: funcName in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined variable: colCount in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/cms/code/Newsletter/RecipientImportField.php on line 133

Next after clicking "Confirm" to import the list, I get these errors:

Notice: Undefined index: Set in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/cms/code/Newsletter/RecipientImportField.php on line 220

FATAL ERROR: Missing argument 2 for Session::set(), called in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/cms/code/Newsletter/RecipientImportField.php on line 247 and defined
At line 17 in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/sapphire/core/Session.php

Here is a patch that fixes all of the above errors except the "Undefined index: Set" one (I don't know the proper way to fix that):
http://www.elijahlofgren.com/silverstripe/patches/Fix-some-Errors-when-importing-Recipients-to-Newsletter-Mailing-List-cms-gsoc-r36618.patch

After fixing those errors, I get a bunch more errors:

1. If I choose "FirstName", "Surname", and "Email" as the column types and hit "Confirm" I get these errors:
http://www.elijahlofgren.com/silverstripe/bugs/Errors-when-importing-Recipients-to-Newsletter-Mailing-List-with-columns.html

The main errors in the above are:
Notice: Undefined index: showtemplate in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/sapphire/core/SSViewer.php on line 317
FATAL ERROR: None of these templates can be found: GenericEmail.ss
At line 53 in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/sapphire/core/SSViewer.php

2. Not choosing any column types and hitting "Confirm" I get these errors:
http://www.elijahlofgren.com/silverstripe/bugs/Errors-when-importing-Recipients-to-Newsletter-Mailing-List-no-columns.html

It includes the same errors as above, but also has:
Notice: Undefined index: Email in /var/www/silverstripe-gsoc/cms/code/Newsletter/RecipientImportField.php on line 256

I don't know how to fix those errors, but I'm guessing one of you guys can. :)

Here is the CSV file I was testing with:
http://www.elijahlofgren.com/silverstripe/bugs/Errors-when-importing-Recipients-to-Newsletter-Mailing-List-test.csv

Probably irrelevant, but just in case ;)
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.1
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20061201 Firefox/2.0.0.4 (Ubuntu-feisty)
SilverStripe Version: gsoc branch revision 36618

I hope this helps,

Elijah Lofgren

elijahlofgren

12 July 2007 at 5:26pm

Fixed in sapphire gsoc r38503 and cms gsoc r38508. Importing newsletter recipients now works in FF2, IE7.

However, reloading the recipient list does not work in Safari 3, something in reloadRecipientsList() is not working. I'll need to look into fixing that.

Note, I did not fix the 'Undefined index: Set' error because it seems harmless and I didn't know the proper way to fix it.

elijahlofgren

13 July 2007 at 9:05am

Fixed in Safari 3 with r38533.

This bug should now be completely fixed. :)