Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Poor response times - slow speed

Go to End

12 Posts   5555 Views

Pottsy

Community Member, 19 Posts

3 November 2008 at 11:08am

Thanks for that feedback Aaron

That is the sort of info I needed to pass to the client. My gut feeling is, it is ISP related but it is very hard to prove either way.

many thanks for that.

I am pretty sure his is the same as mine ie NZ based using Paradise cable broadband. Every notw and then response times are very slow for his site.

Cheers Neil

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

3 November 2008 at 11:14am

If it is "every now and then" for you too, then you can't rule out a server-side issue. As I may have hit it a "good" time. But this still wouldn't be a SS issue.

I've done a reverse lookup on that domain, and it appears to be on a dedicated server with only the same domain in .com format listed. Doesn't look like a shared environment.

Who's your host? Possible routing problem at their end?

Aaron

agen7seven

Community Member, 4 Posts

3 November 2008 at 12:09pm

Where is your customer located? it may be a geographical issue. I see the server is located in the US and the latency is fairly high 60ms higher than our old US based machine.

This would explain the time to initially start loading.

Nick

---------------------------------
Easy Serve Webhosting - New Zealand servers, Personal service
www.easyserve.co.nz

Pottsy

Community Member, 19 Posts

3 November 2008 at 12:13pm

The server is our own dedicated server hosted in the US so we have total control which helps sometimes.

The site has both a .co.nz and a .com version of the same name pointing to the same site.

I will check the environment settings and see whether there is anything out of whack.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Cheers

Go to Top