Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Page not deleted from history

Go to End

4 Posts   1687 Views

Community Member, 94 Posts

11 June 2007 at 1:46pm

is this a bug or feature? When I delete a page, then it is not deleted from history (`SiteTree_versions` SQL table).

I think it's a bug. The deleted page cannot be accessed from CMS. Furthermore, when I create a new page (of different class), it can be assigned the same ID as the deleted page. This can cause problems.

Cheers Andrew

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

11 June 2007 at 5:20pm

i suppose that's the way it should work - see it as a backup which silverstripe is just lacking the UI to browse through. the versioned-entries of deleted pages shouldn't disturb anything (if you've got your auto_increment properly set up in mysql, it shouldn't get the same ID)

Community Member, 94 Posts

11 June 2007 at 6:51pm

Lets suppose i have pages with IDs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. I delete the page with ID==5. I create a new page, and it has the ID==5. So, I have wrong autoincrement in MySQL? Should the SS sets the autoincrement during the installation?

Administrator, 690 Posts

11 June 2007 at 8:59pm

The ID recycling of SilverStripe is something that needs to be fixed, and has been done so in one of our project-specific branches of SilverStripe.

Once that's fixed, we won't have these problems. And we can look at building an interface for observing historical pages in the CMS.

Ingo - do you perhaps want to get the GSoCer that is doing database work to merge this into the stable core? (Brian's the mentor).