Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Gallery module didn't install but other modules did . And a forum displaying issue.

Go to End

3 Posts   1444 Views

manny

Community Member, 4 Posts

14 October 2008 at 4:56am

Hi!

1)
I managed installing the forum, blog, e-commerce modules but even after 3 attempts I didn't manage to install the gallery and youtube module following the exact same installation procedure like for the modules that were installed successful.

Should my gallery/youtube modules have been installed or are they installed in a different way?

2)
After installing the forum module I noticed that those 3 little "side panels forum,product,panels" are overlapping my forum site, so I am not able to create a topic or search the forum.

Should that happen immediately after installation ?
Where can I modify the position of those 3 mini panels?

Look for yourselves: http://www.werebytes.com/forums/

ivan

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 October 2008 at 1:11pm

All modules should install the same I would have thought. Can you see a Gallery Page option in the CMS under 'Create Page'

manny

Community Member, 4 Posts

14 October 2008 at 9:25pm

Yes I can see a Create Gallery Page in the CMS.
And have created a test gallery.

I thought that a gallery link would be displayed immediately after installation like for the blog,or forum because the installations were similar.

Thx for the asnwer. :)

By the way, can you tell me maybe something about the forum overlapping issue mentioned in the post above?