Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Install failure 2.2.2 wamp

Go to End

18 Posts   34415 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

22 October 2008 at 9:01am

Edited: 22/10/2008 9:04am

Hi Hamish,

The first thing I do when I have an error I can't work out, is paste the important part of the error into the forum search box. 9 times out of ten, it's happened before.

The important error in your output is the fatal one right at the end (SS will still work with Notices). So I search for "Class 'Extension' not found" in the forum and got this post from a while back from someone with the exact same issue. (I looked because I knew I had seen this before)

It seems that some archivers may do something bogus to the archive when it is unpacked. (I for one never knew ACDSee had an archiver)

http://www.silverstripe.com/website-authors-forum/flat/131192

I would download the trial of winrar http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm (first link at the top) and try unpack a fresh copy of the archive.

Post back here with the outcome, because the original poster in the above thread failed to do so, although someone else replicated the problem and found it was solved after using winrar.

Cheers
Aaron

bitkahuna

Community Member, 10 Posts

22 October 2008 at 2:35pm

Double-A-Ron, it's me with the problem (bitkahuna), not Hamish. :)

Anyway, thanks, the conclusion of that thread link makes it clear the problem is NOT the unpacker, whether ACDSee, lzarc, or winrar (which didn't help, but thanks for the try).

Seems the gz archive is screwed up somehow.

Now what!?

Double-A-Ron

22 October 2008 at 2:46pm

Edited: 22/10/2008 2:46pm

Anyway, thanks, the conclusion of that thread link makes it clear the problem is NOT the unpacker, whether ACDSee, lzarc, or winrar (which didn't help, but thanks for the try). 

Makes it clear? That thread does not conclude that at all. Did you read the whole thing? The final poster simply assumes that.

In fact, the closest thing to a conclusion on that thread came from rbquirke stating that he was able the replicate the problem by unpacking using lzArc. Then rectifying the problem by using WinRar on the very same archive.

There is nothing wrong with the archive. I have downloaded the same archive and unpacked/installed it fine several times.

Try WinRar and go from there. Or have you tried it?

bitkahuna

23 October 2008 at 2:11am

If you click next on that thread there's a couple more posts.

verkestk says he/she can't get it to work either.

Yes, I tried WinRar. Same problems.

One other thing - I am NOT using the MySQL 'root' account for silverstripe (shouldn't have to). I created a 'silverstripe' account AND a 'silverstripe' database and gave the account full rights to the database.

Anyway, I think my problems are due to mod_rewrite not working at all...

Thanks for the help. Will post back once I get that working if I still can't get it to install.

Double-A-Ron

23 October 2008 at 8:16am

Yes I read those posts, but the poster didn't try WinRar as suggested, he simply tried to unpack and repack into a different format.

No, this error should not have anything to do with MySQL. I myself have used a less privelidged account to install, but I guess the account would have to have CREATE permissions so it can make the tables. I imagine you would have table specific errors if this were the case.

I also downloaded the archive yesterday and installed it on my WAMP without a single problem. I am using a fresh copy of WAMP 2.0 with mod_rewrite on (using the Apache->Apache Modules menu item)

So it must be something up with your environment. I would have thought that mod_rewrite not working would be detected on the install page and you wouldn't get the install button until it was fixed.

Definately do post back if you find a solution. It's the second time I've seen this so it would be good for the archives.

Aaron

bitkahuna

23 October 2008 at 10:02am

OK, mod_rewrite verified working, and you're right Aaron, hard to see how SS install could get anywhere if it wasn't, but anyway...

I just unpacked the downloaded 2.2.2 stable archive, using winrar, into a new directory, silverstripe. My local server is slow, but I've set max_execution to 360 seconds to make sure, however it bombs out long before that.

Installing I get an error from the browser, not an app error. It says (FireFox):

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

I went to my Apache error file (can only view it if I stop the server which I did), and I see in there:

[Wed Oct 22 16:49:29 2008] [error] [client 192.xx.xx.xx] PHP Notice: Undefined index: type in E:\\Apache2\\htdocs\\silverstripe\\sapphire\\security\\Security.php on line 655, referer: http://(my servername)/silverstripe/install.php

On prior attempts today I also saw it get further, but bail when it tried, for some reason to bring up "www.(myservername).com" when I don't use www and com on my local server name.

Double-A-Ron

23 October 2008 at 11:29am

Is this timeout happening on other sites on localhost? You don't have something like Skype installed by any chance do you?

Cheers
Aaron

bitkahuna

23 October 2008 at 1:52pm

No other local sites have this problem, and no Skype. And just to be clear, this is a dedicated server, not a desktop.