Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

59 Posts   41332 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

14 December 2008 at 6:18am

Really strange. I just did a fresh install and did exactly what you said you did, using 2.2.3. You're not noticing the CoverImage field when you add an album? Those are the images that are actually associated with your albums. The ImageField on the Gallery tab is not used on any templates.

Are you getting an error when you save an album in the popup?

Joshuar

Community Member, 5 Posts

14 December 2008 at 6:57am

Fresh ss install, no problems.. added gallery & image gallery and rebuilt the db. created new image gallery page, changed the name to gallery and hit save & publish, and I got the same error:

Error in Ajax evaluator on line 974: invalid flag after regular expression
Notice: Undefined index: Source in /Users/LabBrain/Sites/GT/image_gallery/code/ImageGalleryAlbum.php on line 88
$('Form_EditForm').elements.URLSegment.value = "gallery"; $('Form_EditForm_StageURLSegment').value = "gallery"; $('Form_EditForm').loadActionsFromString('\n \n \n \n '); $('Form_EditForm').elements.URLSegment.value = "gallery"; $('Form_EditForm_StageURLSegment').value = "gallery"; $('Form_EditForm').loadActionsFromString('\n \n \n \n '); $('Form_EditForm').updateStatus('Published'); $('sitetree').setNodeTitle(5, 'gallery') $('Form_EditForm').elements.StageURLSegment.value = 'http://gt:8888/gallery/' $('Form_EditForm').elements.LiveURLSegment.value = 'http://gt:8888/gallery/' $('Form_EditForm').notify('PagePublished', $('Form_EditForm').elements.ID.value); statusMessage('Published \'gallery\' successfully', 'good');

Joshuar

Community Member, 5 Posts

14 December 2008 at 7:02am

Then I went to Album tab, hit create new album, and in the popup entered test, test, and new folder, hit save - no problem. Then it refreshed and I clicked on attach image, and I selected one from my computer and an error message flashed quickly but the image appeared. Clicked save and nothing happens - the spinner keeps spinning.

UncleCheese

14 December 2008 at 7:42am

Joshuar,

Please make the following fixes and let me know the result.

/image_gallery/code/ImageGalleryAlbum.php : line 88
Change
if($_POST['Source'] == "new") {
to
if(isset($_POST['Source']) && $_POST['source'] == "new") {

/sapphire/core/model/Image.php : line 634
Change
if($data['ImageSource'] != 'existing' && $data['Upload']['size'] == 0) {
to
if(isset($data['ImageSource']) && $data['ImageSource'] != 'existing' && $data['Upload']['size'] == 0) {

/gallery/code/GalleryPage.php : line 381
Change
if( ! is_numeric( $_REQUEST['start'] ) )
to
if(isset($_REQUEST['start']) && ! is_numeric( $_REQUEST['start'] ) )

It appears that you have your PHP error reporting cranked up and the scripts are choking on notice-level errors, which is good, cause it helps clean up the code. Let me know how you do.

SalvaStripe

Community Member, 89 Posts

16 December 2008 at 3:59am

hey, i have a problem..

when i upload your
- image_gallery
- sortable_dataobject
- swfupload
- __MACOSX

folders in my SS root directory and then i do an DB/BUILD?flush=1, the DB/BUILD breaks when it reches the ImageGallery.. look here: http://salvadrive.biz/Unbenannt-1.jpg

site is working, but no new pagetype.. so i found the problem that DB/BUILD stops at ImageGallery.

I tried with an ss2.2.2 and with ss2.3, its the same error at both version.
the ss2.3 was on an other webserver, there the ss is in an subfolder, so i had to edit the "swfupload/_config.php" to

require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/MySubFolder/swfupload/code/SWFUploadFileIFrameField_Uploader.php");
require_once($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/MySubFolder/swfupload/code/SWFUploadFileIFrameField.php");

but after there was no error ecxept the same error like with the ss.2.2.2 that building db stops at imagegallery..

hmmm..

can you help me?

UncleCheese

16 December 2008 at 4:04am

Is there any way you can crank up your error reporting so we get a readable PHP error on the build?

SalvaStripe

Community Member, 89 Posts

16 December 2008 at 4:40am

ah today i cant go on with it.
but tomorrow i do reply with error report!
cu

UncleCheese

16 December 2008 at 4:42am

Great. Please let me know. Joshuar, how did things work out with you? Did that fix the problem?