Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

problem with link to external silverstripe site

Go to End

4 Posts   1615 Views

bebabeba

Community Member, 193 Posts

8 November 2008 at 4:52am

Hi!
I build my site with silverstripe.
I'm try to add link to an other external site build with silverstripe. If do that throught CMS in section "link -> another web site" I'm able to connect to external site. If I copy the same link in my theme/my_theme/Page.ss file I can't link to that. Is possible to do that or I must create link inside CMS?

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

8 November 2008 at 5:30am

Hmm okay? So you're trying to use the tiny_mce editor to link to another website and it fails?

Well are you making sure your link starts with http:// when linking in the editor? Other than that, there is no reason why it shouldn't be linking. Oh, are you using Internet explorer? There is a bug with the link editor and it fails in IE. It's a javascript issue and will hopefully be fixed in the next release.

As for adding the code in the template, are you copying a proper html link tag in the template and running ?flush=1 at the end of the URL that uses the template? <a href=http://somelink.com">Link name</a>

There should be no reason why it wouldn't link to it.

bebabeba

8 November 2008 at 6:08am

A stange thing happen:I open the page link of but I can't see all the part of my site. for example menù disappear and in content site I see "page not found".

bebabeba

8 November 2008 at 6:15am

Sorry, I found the problem: It's necessary / at the end of url address.
Thanks for reply me!