Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Adding smiles to backend and frontend

Go to End

3 Posts   1566 Views

raamklaza

Community Member, 182 Posts

9 November 2008 at 4:24am

How can i ad smilies in the following places?

1. BE: in pages in the admin section (in the section of bold italic etc etc)
2. FE: post comment section
3. FE: forums

Does anyone have an idea.

dio5

Community Member, 501 Posts

9 November 2008 at 4:30am

For adding smilies to the tinymce (admin section) - have a look at the tinymce documentation.

http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins/emotions

Note that SS has customised tinymce for the cms, so you might need to do some code research.

Another option would be to use an external class - some googling brought me http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/file/2694.html. Then you could just use that to replace every smiley tag before outputting any content.

Just trying to hint.. never did any of this myself (yet).

raamklaza

Community Member, 182 Posts

9 November 2008 at 4:50am

i found this at /cms/javascript/tinymce.template

theme_advanced_buttons1 : "italic,underline,strikethrough,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,separator,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,hr,charmap",
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "undo,redo,separator,cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator,flash",
theme_advanced_buttons3 : "",
theme_advanced_buttons3_add : "emotions",
/*
theme_advanced_buttons1 : "bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,separator,bullist,numlist,outdent,indent,hr,charmap",
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "undo,redo,separator,cut,copy,paste,separator,search,replace,separator,link,unlink,anchor,image,separator,cleanup,removeformat,visualaid,code,separator,tablecontrols",
*/

The last part is commented out.

But the last part is visible in the cms, the first part (the part with emotions in there) is not commented and should be active on the cms right? But it isn't active..