Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Forum / Security / Daily Builds

Go to End

3 Posts   2289 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

29 June 2007 at 11:41am

I'm setting up the forum to be in the daily builds, but there are two blockers before what is available becomes completely useful to the masses;

1. Romain is working on some major changes and these need code review (by Sam?)

2. Markus has done changes to the way security works, and since the forum already has a security system, these should be compatible, and hopefully use an identical system. I suggest that Markus' "read" and "edit cms" permission operate on the CMS, so that
a) the forum needs changing so that its read permissions is based on the Markus Code
b) the forum needs its post permission kept, so that in the CMS you would have three permissions for forum pages (View/Post/CmsAdmin)

In terms of delivery, (1) can be done immediately and (2) can be done as time permits, but Markus, since the daily builds will be available, I've spoken to Hayden and we're suggesting that you can modify the forum code to fulfull (b).

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

29 June 2007 at 9:32pm

Nice..

Yes, I can work on that, but could you please give me commit access? It would be much easier to work on it under version control.