Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Images resized when no need

Go to End

3 Posts   2457 Views

CubeDave

Community Member, 8 Posts

30 November 2008 at 10:49pm

Hi,

Having fixed the performance problems I've been having (more RAM in the server did the trick), and having worked around the file permission problems (I have to create folders in /assets using ftp, and create the _resampled folder too & chmod them both 777 - this is a server configuration issue that has effected other CMSs too).

I am now stuck with a single final problem that stands between me and a completed silverstripe site. Well, it's hardly a problem really, but I would like to understand what's going on.

When I upload images in the CMS and place them into the text in tinymce, they are always resampled. Even when the size of the image is unchanged.

For example, here's the original image:
http://bellbirdspring.co.nz/assets/Images/notes.jpg

And here's the 'resampled' image:
http://bellbirdspring.co.nz/assets/Images/_resampled/ResizedImage487265-notes.jpg

Why does this occur? Is it by design? These images happen to look ok, but I believe that's simply because the original one is a bit over-compressed.

-dave

Aster

Community Member, 6 Posts

1 December 2008 at 2:40am

Edited: 01/12/2008 2:45am

Hm ... My pictures in editor is ok, no more resampled

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 December 2008 at 12:48pm

This should be fixed in silverstripe 2.3. By default it resized each and every image as it was just easier for SS to do!. There was a ticket for it and I remember ajoneil submitting a patch for it.