Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We're retiring the forums!

The SilverStripe forums have passed their heyday. They'll stick around, but will be read only. We'd encourage you to get involved in the community via the following channels instead:

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Problem with line endings in code

Go to End



Community Member, 8 Posts

13 December 2008 at 1:08am

I tried to go trough the tutorials and the moment I created a new file (ArticlePage) I run into problems with line endings in that file. (Also tried out Aptana Studio - and still cand find where to set the default line ending type)

The editor created a new file with mac line endings and soon as I tried to do db/build nothing happend. And after a while and many ways to hunt down the problem I stumbled upon the line endings. As soon as I converted them into unix or windows type all worked well.

If your code refuses to build and there should be no syntax on other errors and you're a developer on Mac try to convert the line endings.

Happy SilverSriping and coding