Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe 2.0.2-rc1

Go to End

35 Posts   79700 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

7 July 2007 at 2:38am

Edited: 07/07/2007 2:39am

Andrew; awesome....

Seems to install fine for me on manu.silverstripe.com.

Additionally, I installed the 2007-07-06 dailybuild of the forum and the mashups module, and both worked perfectly, so it seems we just need to have other people battle-test it in their own environments :)

SLJ

Community Member, 23 Posts

7 July 2007 at 6:03am

Edited: 07/07/2007 9:02am

I got an error that's really too long to post in the forum when I installed this on my local machine. I used the version I downloaded from daily builds. It's a database error on the install.php screen that occurred during the "building database schema" portion. I checked my DB and it did create some of the tables.

Let me know who I should email this error to.

Thanks,
SLJ

UPDATE: I found Andy's email address after posting this and I sent it to him.

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

7 July 2007 at 9:46am

Edited: 07/07/2007 10:21am

Edit: Nevermind. Sorry, when I installed, I accidentally didn't copy the included .htaccess file since I didn't have "Show Hidden Files" enabled.

Ignore:
======
One note, when installing on Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.1 I had to manually create and chmod a .htaccess file in order to fix this error:

Is the .htaccess file writeable? User 'www-data' needs to write be able to write to this file:
/var/www/silverstripe202rc1/.htaccess

Perhaps a .htaccess file should be included by default so it only has to be chmodded, not created? Edit: But we probably shouldn't include one by default to prevent overwriting someone's .htaccess file. Perhaps the check should only complain if the .htaccess file exists and is not writable? Because it can be created once write permission is given to the main folder.
======

Edit: Nevermind, see above.

Edit:
I've tested and SilverStripe 2.0.2-rc1 appears to work fine on the following:
* Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.1
* Apache/2.2.4 (Win32) PHP 5.2.3 MySQL 5.0.41-community-nt
* Apache 1.3.37 (Unix) MySQL 5.0.27-standard PHP 5.2.3

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 July 2007 at 1:21pm

nice work andy :D

Sigurd

7 July 2007 at 2:05pm

Bug: when the 'page changed' popup shows it has a second popup saying "Changed:Form_EditForm_MenuTitle(undefined)->(MenuTitle=New%20ForumHolderk)". This is using today's daily builds of forum/mashup, if that matters. Note also this is on dev.silverstripe.com so perhaps some debugging system is on?

Sigurd

7 July 2007 at 8:12pm

Edited: 07/07/2007 8:13pm

Also, when I don't believe I've changed a page, I get this:

This is not so much a new bug, I feel, as us perhaps discovering more info about the issue? It would be great to have that bug fixed though...

Changed:Form_EditForm_LiveURLSegment(undefined)->(LiveURLSegment=new-flickrgallery)
Changed:Form_EditForm_LiveURLSegment(undefined)->(LiveURLSegment=new-flickrgallery)

Sigurd

9 July 2007 at 10:11am

Edited: 09/07/2007 1:57pm

One more small bug I've found is that when you run /db/build you need to login as an adminstrator, great, but it requires HTTP Basic Auth, which means it conflicts with the auth set up on apache for a development area I use. Sam suggested we disabled this check when silverstripe detects its running in dev mode ...

Sigurd

9 July 2007 at 11:36pm

http://www.silverstripe.com/assets/rc/silverstripe-v2.0.2-rc2.tar.gz

Today Andrew went through bugs reported since rc1 and so you can now sleep easier with the following improvements:

ChangeLog since 2.0.2-rc1:
- db/build authorisation fixed for dev sites
- Changes to improve compatibility when upgrading from older versions
of SilverStripe
- Removed debug messages that showed up when changing pages on
servers beginning with dev.*
- Improvements to image inserter
- Fix multiple "broken" in class attribute of HTML Content
- Fixed bug with TreeDropdownField when you clicked the expand link 3
or more times, it wouldn't close
- Added dimension fields when inserting images to provide more control on image sizes

Go to Top