Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

SilverStripe forum updated; allows codes, uploads, emails

Go to End

18 Posts   7255 Views

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

12 July 2007 at 8:38pm

Edited: 12/07/2007 8:42pm

Replace 'someone' with 'Sean'? Whoever made it should clean up their own mess! :-p

Who made this? It's the responsibility of the person who made it to ensure that it's looking correct in _ALL_ main browsers as well. For example, I fixed the forum header div in Safari so that it doesn't look broken. It looks like the new implementation of this forum has broken it again! (tsk tsk).

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

12 July 2007 at 9:21pm

What version of the forum is running on your site (silverstripe.com)? :-)

The RSS feed for "Posts to all forums" (.../silverstripe-forum/rss) doesn't seem to work! Can you please fix that...?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

12 July 2007 at 9:34pm

Remember Brians talk on monday or last monday.. Take responsibility for your own code! geez matt where was the testing! hehe :D

Markus - I believe ss is running the latest version (V0.1) of the forum module which is downloadable. I dont think there is anything super special about it.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

12 July 2007 at 10:02pm

feed://www.silverstripe.com/silverstripe-forum/rss seems to work for me? in safari on mac

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

13 July 2007 at 12:14am

Strange.. it doesn't work neither in Firefox nor in IE..

The specific RSS feeds for the forums work.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 July 2007 at 9:04am

markus is right, it tis broken. I dont know why it would just work on safari. Thats kinda weird

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

13 July 2007 at 4:09pm

I also subscribe to the forums using RSS on my windows machine (thunderbird 2.0.0.4 for windows xp) .. and it works... :P Weird

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

14 July 2007 at 4:05pm

Edited: 14/07/2007 4:06pm

Found a bug in the forum module (should I post stuff like this in the "Bugs" forum?)

Using forum-0.11 and silverstripe-v2.0.2-rc3 if I try to delete a file in /admin/assets/ using the "Delete files" button:

ERROR:Error 256: DATABASE ERROR: Couldn't run query: SELECT `File`.ID, `File`.ClassName, `File`.Created, `File`.LastEdited, `File`.Name, `File`.Title, `File`.ParentID, File`.Filename, if(`File`.ClassName,`File`.ClassName,'File') AS RecordClassName FROM `File` LEFT JOIN `Post_Attachment` ON `Post_Attachment`.ID = `File`.ID WHERE (ID IN ('346')) ORDER BY Name | Column 'ID' in where clause is ambiguous

This also happens with forum.2007-07-13/ (dailybuild) used with r38620 of cms and sapphire on the gsoc branch.

Hope this helps,

Elijah