Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Looking for some help in Wellington - (Also, any other vic students using SS?)

Go to End

3 Posts   1831 Views

coupleofcents.com

12 Posts

10 July 2007 at 3:26pm

Hi Everyone.

I am a student of Information Science and Marketing Management at the University of Victoria Wellington.

Coming into this semester (starts this week), I have been assigned a task as part of a final paper which will involve building an online portal for a New Zealand organisation; the organisation is yet to be determined, though it will hopefully be a significant not-for-profit.

I have just decided that I really want to use SilverStripe to do this. The liberal license and ease of maintenance for the customer make it ideal. My only issue is my relative lack of experience with it. I code in PHP (though my skills are < l33t), I am an intermediate user of MYSQL, and I have a good amount of experience in Drupal and Wordpress, but SilverStripe is quite foreign to me considering the amount I have riding on the project.

I am just wondering if there are any other students at Victoria, or just Wellingtonians in general, who might be willing to lend me some advice should i need it? Just some basic consultation time if I hit any speed bumps would be invaluable.

I know it is a tall order, but hey, the generosity of the internet is consistently suprising, and I am of course willing to offer any services that I can in return. I am based on Courtenay Place (living and working).

Cheers everyone.
Evan.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 July 2007 at 3:35pm

Hey evan glad you like/trust SS enough to do your paper with it. We actually have andy and jeremy from Vic Uni on the summer of code program.. http://www.silverstripe.com/andrew-o-neil/ http://www.silverstripe.com/jeremy-shipman/ . Im sure if you have any questions on SS feel free to use the forum or our IRC. We have a pretty awesome and very helpful community

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

10 July 2007 at 7:49pm

Matt's also at Vic, and we all work on Courtenay Place, and given there's heaps of eyes on this forum and on the internet (relay) chat, you'll have heaps of support ...