Notes (from top of linked PicasaGallery.php.txt):
The code structure and inspiration for this Page Type came from the FlickrGallery page type which is a part of the Lakshan's SilverStripe mashups module: http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=mashups
Note: Because this Page Type uses GPL code, I don't think it can be included as an official part of the SilverStripe core which is released under the BSD license.
Instructions for use:
1. Download PicasaGallery.txt, change the .txt extension to .php, and place it in your mysite/code folder
2. Download PicasaGallery.ss.txt, remove the .txt extension, and place it in your mysite/templates/Layout/ folder
3. Run /db/build
4. Create a PicasaGallery type page
5. Fill in your Picasa Username and Album name. For example, with this URL "elijahlofgren" is the username and "ParkVisitsOnNewYears2007" is the Album name:
6. Save the page and view it (remove the ?shage=Live) from the URL.
Tested on silverstripe 2.0.2 rc1.
1. The code is formatted very badly. ;)
2. If something like "/?stage=Live" is appended to the Page URL, Firefox will give an XML parsing error. Workaround: Remove the query string from the URL.
Hope this helps someone! :)