Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Galleries...

Go to End

6 Posts   1989 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

19 July 2007 at 5:31pm

Edited: 19/07/2007 5:32pm

Lakshan, Matt, Romain:

Romain has recently developed a gallery that inspects all files inside a directory and presents them. I'd like you guys over the next month to collaborate so we end up with a means for showcasing photos, videos, whatever, in a consistent way. This might mean, for instance, that restful and some other 'key gallery' stuff goes into the core, and there's a few modules like flickrgallery, filegallery, or whatever. I'll leave it to you to inspect the code and come up with a good path to "1.0" releases... :)

http://www.silverstripe.com/core-team-discussion/flat/2711

Matt

Community Member, 86 Posts

19 July 2007 at 5:41pm

Might be a good plan to get together on Skype or IRC to discuss this as a group - maybe sometime late next week?

laktek

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 76 Posts

19 July 2007 at 6:13pm

Yeah seems like a good idea. Yeah will have a group dicussion over this on IRC

The Frenchy

Core Development Team, 40 Posts

20 July 2007 at 11:10am

Yeah It sounds good

The Frenchy

23 July 2007 at 10:20am

Now the two gallery have been released, I am trying to update my lightbox version which is old with the one that has been used by Lakshan which seems to be the last one.

Actually, it's gonna be a merge, because as you will see in the Gallery module that I have worked on, the content of the popup window comes from a template which allows more flexibility to the user who can customize easily it.

Moreover, the navigation system (Previous and Next arrow) has to be available in the popup window. I have already seen that all this staff is available and easily usable thanks to the lightbox last version.

I Will let you know how this staff is going on this week.

The Frenchy

3 August 2007 at 11:28am

The next version of the gallery is in progress : check this http://www.silverstripe.com/core-team-discussion/flat/2711