Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Installation Finishes but doesn't work

Go to End

14 Posts   8303 Views

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

26 July 2007 at 12:28am

Hmm, it seems to be caching the fact it can't find a class, because ?flush=1 fixes it then you take it off and it does it again. Very bizarre... is this the behaviour you're also getting?

Community Member, 10 Posts

26 July 2007 at 6:58am

Yep - That is the same thing I am getting. It seems to work for a couple of pages and then stops working again. Any suggestions of where to look? log files, etc?

3 Posts

13 August 2007 at 1:38pm

I'm also hosting at Webdrive and I get similiar errors. Though adding ?flush=1 to the admin url only fixes it for that pageview the next page view has similiar errors as above.

1 Post

13 August 2007 at 4:02pm

Web Drive uses Mod Vhost Alias:

VirtualDocumentRoot /home/httpd/vhlinks/%0/

I assume the VirtualDocumentRoot is causing the problem for SilverStripe.

3 Posts

13 August 2007 at 4:35pm

A developer here sorted the issue by changing the core/ManifestBuilder.php line 39

// Config manifest
// $baseDir = dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . "/..";
$baseDir = '/path/to/files';

Now SS is working.. Bout time!

Community Member, 37 Posts

13 August 2007 at 6:52pm

Edited: 13/08/2007 6:56pm

Cheers for that, I have been battling for a little while with webdrive too and only just made a break through today with creating the site on my computer, uploading the whole site via ftp (no ssh... argh!!!), adding ini_set(”memory_limit”,”32M”); in sapphire/main.php (don't quote me on doing this but if it works then cool!!!), removing PHP Safe Mode in the Advanced Settings which achieved a viewable website, then logging into the cms was a problem until adding that fix... awesome!!!!

Go to Top