Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Repeated admin login required when rebuilding database

Go to End

7 Posts   2525 Views

Colin

Community Member, 15 Posts

1 August 2007 at 6:09pm

I have a fully functioning install of 2.02 at harwoodartcenter.org/ss/. If I attempt to rebuild the database by using harwoodartcenter.org/ss/db/build?flush=1, I am given a browser-based login screen, requesting my SS developer login. No matter how many times, I enter this, it continues to repeat this request.

I know the login is correct. What can I do?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

1 August 2007 at 10:27pm

Edited: 01/08/2007 10:28pm

I believe the problem is you don't have a Member in the system that has ADMIN code permission rights.

Could you confirm these things using phpMyAdmin:

* You have a member record containing ID = 1 in the Member table
* You have a Group_Members table with a record containing GroupID = 1, and MemberID = 1
* You have a Permission table with a record containing GroupID = 1 and Code = ADMIN

Am I right in assuming you dropped the database, and rebuilt from scratch to achieve the problem you're currently having? Or is it from a fresh 'untouched' database from the install?

Hope this helps,

Sean

Colin

Community Member, 15 Posts

2 August 2007 at 6:01pm

Sean,

All the things you mentioned were present. It is a squeeky clean brand new install.

chlo

6 Posts

2 August 2007 at 6:17pm

I just thought I'd add that I encountered exactly the same issue upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2b which I just described (in less depth, but this jogged my memory), here:
http://www.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/flat/3143

I too, checked all of these things in phpMyAdmin and all are present.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 August 2007 at 6:23pm

The thing is in 2.02 Silverstripenow requires a password to build the db while the site is 'live' and for whatever reasons this feature doesnt work all the time..

know the login is correct. What can I do?

well for one, you can just put the site into 'dev' mode while you need to do a db/build.. Read about this here -> http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=devmode Basically in dev mode you wont need to use a password to db/build :D

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

2 August 2007 at 9:11pm

I applied a patch to the GSoC branch that resolves this problem.. maybe you want to merge it into the trunk branch!? It's in r39559.

Maybe you need to merge also some of my changes to the Member class, namely Member::currentUser() and Member::isAdmin() respectively Member::_isAdmin().

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

6 August 2007 at 8:04pm

Great. That means you should find it soon in the daily builds :-)