Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Define $Project

Go to End

2 Posts   3037 Views

Fuchur

4 Posts

13 August 2007 at 10:08pm

Edited: 13/08/2007 10:10pm

Where do you define SS to use a different project. After installation I installed the tutorial... and one othe installation with BlackCandy theme.

In the tutorial one you have mysite and a tutorial folder. It uses the tutorial one to build the site.
Where cab I set SS to use mysite or "custom" from scratch site so its easy to play around without touching the code you made.

Let say I copy tutorial to play around a bit with the code to "testsite"-folder. Where do I set SS to use that folder instead of the "tutorial folder"?

Thanx

Fuchur

elijahlofgren

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 222 Posts

14 August 2007 at 2:35pm

> Let say I copy tutorial to play around a bit with the code to "testsite"-folder. Where do I set SS to use that folder instead of the "tutorial folder"?

I think SilverStripe will automatically include code from that new folder that you created (you may need to add ?flush=1 to the URL). However, having code that is almost the same seems to sometimes cause problems, so I would move the original "tutorial" folder out of your htdocs, www, or public_html folder in case it causes problems.

Hope this helps,

Elijah