Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

.htaccess REQUEST_URI

Go to End

4 Posts   3162 Views

vevmesteren

7 Posts

16 August 2007 at 5:47am

I think I have tracked this problem that I am having.
I am currently with 1and1.com where I have a hosting package that permitted me to install silverstripe. But, now I keep on getting 404s when trying to access the silverstripe dir. The database was created, and the filestructure seems to be inplace. But it seems that the URL that silverstripe thinks it is one is not the correct. Is there a way for me to globally modify my base URL like one can in a Wordpress blog administration?

Thank you

V

vevmesteren

7 Posts

16 August 2007 at 6:15am

Maybe it is not the REQUEST_URI, but it something like it. I found that the silverstripe thinks that the files are stored under /kunden/homepages/25/d210714655/htdocs/silverstripe/, which I guess probably is right when wanting to access the files on the server, but not via the URL as the virtual directory points directly to the htdocs. So I just need it to be set to silverstripe, short and sweet. How would I be able to do that?

thanks

vevmesteren

7 Posts

19 August 2007 at 11:18am

anyone? Please? I really want to start exploring silverstripe, but cannot for the moment...

V

Tim

Community Member, 201 Posts

20 August 2007 at 10:10am

Should we set this variable in a more global configuration file for future releases?