Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Update of the OpenID login form

Go to End

4 Posts   1813 Views

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

18 August 2007 at 4:28am

Edited: 18/08/2007 4:48am

Hi guys,

I added a short description of OpenID to the login form (r40444) and since the stylesheets of the BlackCandy theme are not under version control I couldn't add the needed styles to the repository.

So please create a file openid_login.css in mysite/css with the following content:
[html]
#OpenIDLoginForm_LoginForm_OpenIDURL {
background: url(../../sapphire/images/openid-small.gif) no-repeat;
background-color: #fff;
background-position: 0 50%;
color: #000;
padding-left: 18px;
width: 284px;
}

#OpenIDDescription {
margin-bottom: 2em;
}

#OpenIDDescription p {
font-size: 1em;
line-height: 1.3em;
margin-top: 0.5em !important;
}
[/html]

Something interesting to read: OpenID: Great idea, bewildering consumer experience

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

30 August 2007 at 1:32pm

Yes, it is certainly a bewildering experience currently to choose an openid provider and use the system. Fortunately, we've now got SilverStripe to fulfil its obligations, smile knowing we're helping adoption, and we can sit back as the other side of the openid experience slowly improve.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

30 August 2007 at 3:44pm

Edited: 30/08/2007 3:44pm

When I over at OSCON I met guy called Peter from SitePass. He was fairly careful not to mention details, but seemed to think he had many of the answers to make OpenID easy, and that'd what he was doing could work well with what we've done. See http://www.sitepass.com and hopefully in time we will all learn more...

Markus

Google Summer of Code Hacker, 152 Posts

30 August 2007 at 10:22pm

There is also some great progress in integrating OpenID into Microsofts CardSpace technology. If you are using Windows (for the moment as far as I know Linux isn't supported) you can login using CardSpace which makes e.g. phishing impossible.

Check it out on https://openidcards.sxip.com/