Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Theme Installation

Go to End

7 Posts   4027 Views

mtusween

1 Post

18 September 2007 at 3:55am

I read the instructions on how to install a theme, however it says simply unpack the contents of the zip file to your themes folder.

The issue is, I have no idea where my themes folder is, I did a search and nothing showed up. Also, Internet Explorer 6 doesn't display the current CMS the same as it does in firefox. It looks like crap in IE.

I'm assuming that you create a folder called themes and plug it in there, but I'm not sure where to even put the themes folder thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 September 2007 at 4:07pm

Hey There! are you using 2.1rc1 or the stable 2.0.2? The templating system has changed (one of the massive improvements 2.1 will have) The documentation has been changed it looks like to show the way to do it 2.1. In 2.0.2 we dont have a Themes folder all you have to do is unpack the contents of the Zip to the Mysite/ folder

BeefStake

23 Posts

20 September 2007 at 8:14pm

Im back after my big holiday so im going to have to check out this new theming system!

MGM

1 Post

26 September 2007 at 11:54pm

I read the theme installation , how to install new theme . There u r mentioning for change to theme , "SSViewer::set_theme("themename");" in _config.php , i was did as per instruction but its shows an error

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method SSViewer::set_theme() in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe\mysite\_config.php "

Willr

27 September 2007 at 9:03am

The theme engine or how SilverStripe handles themes has been updated recently. Things like SSViewer::set_theme() is only available in the 2.1.0 version. So you are probably still running 2.0.2 or earlier. Thats where the fatal error comes from

stinie

Community Member, 1 Post

21 July 2008 at 10:47am

The

/httpdocs/silverstripe/mysite/_config.php

file has the following rights

www:wwwrun

All other files and directory in

/httpdocs/silverstripe/

have the rights

christine:psacln

the last one is my user

the www user does not belong to me

I do now have a root user as well

How can I modify _config.php

I do not hat the www user

I only have user christine

Can I modify _config.php via web?

Kind regards, Christine

Willr

21 July 2008 at 11:49am

you cannot modify file the _config file via the web you will have to use a text editor to open the file. If your user does not have permissions to save this file try and copy the contents of it, remove the file then create a new _config then paste the contents back. Tho if your user cannot save the file then I doubt it can delete it!