Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

html/css code for silverstripe

Go to End

4 Posts   1634 Views

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

19 September 2007 at 1:53pm

Hi Folk

Do you know if there is a document somewhere out there that describes exactly how to code html/css for silverstripe - that could be pretty useful. I want to give such a document to the person who does my css and html. If it does not exist yet, then I will create one.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 September 2007 at 3:24pm

we have started a pretty deep CSS documentation process here http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=css . Documenting the HTML process is something we are just talking about. In fact we were going to start it this afternoon to set up some quick guidelines!

Nicolaas

Forum Moderator, 224 Posts

19 September 2007 at 3:31pm

Edited: 19/09/2007 3:38pm

great. It would be really nice to be able to give some random css/html hacker a one pager with things such as:

1. last element in a menu can have the "last" class added to it
2. doctype should be....
3. folder names are....
etc....

At the same time, you dont want to confuse the poor css-er with a raft of stuff they dont need to know....

The link you provided looks pretty good, although I would be a bit worried that it would get out of hand overtime...

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 September 2007 at 6:51pm

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=html thats what I have so far but it was a really quick overview. I need to make sure from the guys that I'm on the right track! Please add to it too, I probably missed something and made it too 'tutorially' but hey I failed english at school so I look forward to your rewrites :P

Hopefully that will be enough to help your designer get started.