Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

installation gotchas...

Go to End

rgl

7 Posts

26 September 2007 at 2:31pm

I finally got Silverstripe installed, but I found the following gotcha's. I am doing this from scratch with Fedora 7 inside a VMWare virtual machine:

- you must set /var/www/html directory to owner apache:apache, chmod all files to 775
- for some reason SS install aborted with MySQL "access denied", even I double-checked the username/password to be correct and status lights are green; turns out if I create another user called "silverstripe@%", give it proper rights, SS install will now accept (I think it has something to with with site "%" vs. site "localhost")
- in php.ini, just in case, give it more than 32M for memory (I used 48M)
- in php.ini, search for all instances of allow_call_time_pass_reference line before editing; I initially added it to the very first time I saw that varible mentioned - turns out further down file there is another reference
- for the mod_rewrite, changing AllowOverride to All in <Directory /> section is not adequate; you must also change the standalone line AllowOverride (slightly below the <Directory /> section) to All as well.

After those changes, SS finally installed properly.