Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

CMS Issue reporting broken links and images not showing in folder, linking incorrectly and images links tab not working

Go to End

2 Posts   2063 Views

lavergara

10 Posts

27 September 2007 at 3:06am

Edited: 27/09/2007 3:10am

Original post on General Discussion: http://www.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/flat/5294
I read through the bug forum and found someone having a similar issue of the image once uploaded not showing up in the folder when you try to place it on the page.

Here is the errors I am encountering.

Image Uploading/Displaying Issue:
1) Image not viewed in folder in the Site Content section -
In the “File & Images” section, I uploaded an image to a folder. When I tried to enter the “Site Content” section to place the image on the page, I opened the folder and it was empty. I returned to “File & Images” section, clicked on the folder and verified that the image was in fact uploaded . Image info: 32 x 32 pixel PNG image [1.76 KB].
2) When I clicked on the image, and the pop up window appeared I noticed that the image tab was not present. I changed the permissions on my folders, deleted the image and uploaded it again. This made the image tab appear and the image to show up in the folder and I was able to place it on my page.

CMS Broken Link Error:

1) Images not linking correctly -
When I finished placing my image and published the page I received the following error. “STATUS: Published. NOTE: This page has broken links. “ I noticed I was getting this error in all the pages that had images in them. When I checked the page and verified all the links where functioning as should be and I noticed that the image that I had just placed was linking to "assets/images/_resampled/ResizedImage3232-icon.png". I deleted the image and replaced it and I still received the same message. I went into the HTML and renamed the link to "assets/images/icon.png". I saved the draft, published and still received the error message. I went to the html and noticed the cms rewrote my html back to "assets/images/_resampled/ResizedImage3232-icon.png".

2) Links Tab Issue-
I went back to “File & Images” section and clicked on the links tab for the image and it said it was not being linked to from any page. I clicked on other images links tab and noticed that they all said “The following pages link to this file: “ with an empty bullet point.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

27 October 2007 at 1:49pm

Thanks for reporting bugs :) Some of the above will be solved in the 2.2 release (we have our hands pretty full already for the 2.2 release, ... see our blog for what's going in! and doing as much as we can)

It helps if you put them into trac, as its more itemised than the forum