Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

2.1.0rc2 - Installation problems

Go to End

7 Posts   1665 Views

SilverSurfer

3 Posts

28 September 2007 at 12:34am

Hi!

I'm trying to install 2.1.0rc2 but get the following error (see enclosed image).
There seems to be files missing; Page.ss, ContentController.ss,
Any solutions?

I have version 2.0.2 and it works fine (but I want to test the new gallery module!)

trevor

53 Posts

28 September 2007 at 3:16am

Hi,

I had a small problem with 2.1.0rc2 but this was my fault. here are a few things to check.

The new version requires a cache folder called silverstripe-cache which I don't believe is created by default. you could try creating the folder and then run a db/build?flush=1 (add this on the end of the url where SS is installed).

Also check if a theme is defined in the _config file in the mysite folder. for more information search for theme in the forum or documentation this will tell you more than I can put here.

If you have just installed in another folder then make sure there is no .htaccess file in the root folder as this could be causing confusion . alternatively reinstall and start again or temporarily move your old version somewhere else and just install the latest version to try and eliminate if there is a conflict between the two versions just to try and track down what is causing the problem.

I use virtual directories so each ss installation has a unique local url ie local-site1, local-site2 etc rather than accessing via just another folder underneath the main host, this helps keep things seperate although they are still physically stored as folders underneath the main root are accessed differently but this is a personal preference.

let us know how you get on.

HTH

Trevor

siulun

14 Posts

28 September 2007 at 5:42am

Trevor:
"new version requires a cache folder called silverstripe-cache"

That's not true, it doesn't require it, it is optional.
See: http://www.silverstripe.com/bugs/flat/4873

SilverSurfer:
Not sure if you've seen this but here:
http://www.silverstripe.com/general-discussion/flat/5730

Post by Xeraa mentioned you have to use: ?flush=1 to flush the cache. I can confirm that this worked for me.

trevor

53 Posts

28 September 2007 at 8:23am

Siulun thanks for clarifying that silverstripe-cache is an option, its good that the community can help one another and we all benefit.

thanks again.

trevor

SilverSurfer

3 Posts

28 September 2007 at 10:05pm

Thanks for your replies!
I'll test the "flush cache" solution to begin with (seems easiest) and post my progress.

SilverSurfer

3 Posts

29 September 2007 at 12:59am

Don't ask me why/how/when/where but suddenly the site works perfectly without me doing anything... Maybe because of a restart of my computer/web server?

Thanks anyway!

trevor

53 Posts

29 September 2007 at 1:17am

great glad you are up and running.