Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Contact Form Oddities

Go to End

5 Posts   2434 Views

Kimberlymarie

Community Member, 6 Posts

2 October 2007 at 10:37pm

Edited: 02/10/2007 10:39pm

I had this problem when I was building my first SS site a few months ago... Should have reported it then. :) I am still having the same problem - it is the same server (aSmallOrange hosting), but I'm not sure that would be the problem.

I make a contact form page. I start to build the form. If I try to click "more options", it takes me to a new, un-styled page outside of the SS system. It's what drops down generally, but on a separate page. It can't actually be saved. I have to go back to the system, and try again. After a bunch of attempts and saves, I can get it to work correctly, though I'm minus some hair.

Rinse and repeat for all fields. And every time, somewhere along the line, I end up loosing the first field I made (a few times). It's like nothing is being saved half the time. I have to re-load the system back end multiple times to get one field to work at a time. Once in a while, the drag isn't working right either - it's not saving where I place it.

A form that should take about 2 minutes to make ends up taking a good 20 minutes to get it all right.

Anyone else have this problem?! It's odd. Seems to me that it may be an ajax problem? Or? Though I have no other issues with any other part of the admin back end.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.7 on a Mac. Any other info needed can be given. I hope it made sense... It's a rather odd thing to experience. Feel free to ask questions, I will try to clarify.

asinesio

6 Posts

6 October 2007 at 7:08am

I'm actually seeing the same thing - I'm using Firefox 2.0. It's possible that it might be a FF-only issue.

Anyone else notice this?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

8 October 2007 at 12:34am

Confirmed. I have the same problem. Also Firefox though.

asinesio

6 Posts

20 October 2007 at 7:36pm

Yep, I confirmed it happens on latest Firefox for Windows and Mac OS.

Any devs have an update on this one?

asinesio

6 Posts

20 October 2007 at 7:49pm

I opened a ticket for this with the Silverstripe devs. Let's see what happens. :)