Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Inserting "invisible" Tables

Go to End

3 Posts   2353 Views

mondy

10 Posts

6 October 2007 at 3:13pm

Edited: 06/10/2007 3:33pm

Hello. As you can probably guess, I am a newbie. Thanks for your patience. I am trying to insert a table into one of my pages, but I don't want to be able to see the table lines when the page is viewed in a browser. I set the table borders to 0, but they still show. ANy help would be great. Thanks!

trevor

53 Posts

10 October 2007 at 12:21pm

this could be the css I had similar thing when modifying the standard css files. The best way to trace it is if you use firefox and install the firebug plugin when you load the page you can then inspect to see what css is being applied to your element in the html. it even lets you change on the fly so you can check before changing the actual css. FIrebug in an invaluable tool in my opinion.

HTH

Trevor

sonicparke

74 Posts

25 June 2008 at 9:30am

Were you able to track this down? So far I haven't figured out why I can't get rid of the border. I used firebug but everything I tried had zero effect on the table borders. Well, I could change border="0" on the table to border="10" and it made the outside border bigger but the inner lines never budge.