Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Pre installation

Go to End

2 Posts   1666 Views

Mie

1 Post

7 October 2007 at 7:07pm

I'am newbies...try to install in my web hosting and end up with this

Does the server exist OK (localhost)
Are the access credentials correct That username/password doesn't work:
Can I access/create the database I can't create new databases and the database 'SS_mysite' doesn't exist (user 'root' doesn't have CREATE DATABASE permissions.)

i've created the mysql database in web hosting and paste mysql name on httaccess file..

am i miss something?

trevor

53 Posts

9 October 2007 at 11:01am

Hi,

Seems the install.php script can't access the mysql database with the connection details you have provided. When you installed Mysql a default user call 'root' is normally created and you specify a password or sometimes the default is blank. If this is on actual web host then you should have been given access details for the mysql db. Alternatively you may have to create a db user with all permissions to create the database.

Once you know these details enter them into the install script and then recheck. once the install script can access the mysql db then you should be able to proceed.

If you are still having problems then post details of your config to give more of an idea of what the problem is likely to be.

Regards

Trevor