Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Looking for Help with New SS Website

Go to End

Anonymous user

1 Post

10 October 2007 at 8:04pm

I'm a student at an American university and I've just been assigned with the task of building a new website for the department. I really, really like SS, but I don't think I have enough technical expertise to build something from the ground up within the SS framework. Basically, I have no PHP-knowledge.

So...I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being an SS tutor for me while I build the site. Basically, all I need is for someone to be there when I run into all of my inevitable issues. The only catch is that I really need that person to be reliable, which is why I'm offering to pay for the service. The only downside is that I can't offer all that much. SilverStripe's consulting rate is about US$100/hour, which is a good bit more than I can afford on a student's wage (especially since it's just for tutoring).

If this is something that anyone out there would be interested in, please reply to this post. Oh yeah, please reply with how much you would require per hour for your tutoring service.

Thanks.