Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Installing Gallery Module

Go to End

5 Posts   2760 Views

mondy

10 Posts

15 October 2007 at 2:23pm

I have downloaded the Gallery Module, but I am not sure how to install it since I am running Windows XP Pro. Is the "/db/build" command for Linux boxes only?

I am currently only going through the tutorials and beginning to start trying thing son my own, so I do not have anything installed on my public web server yet.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 October 2007 at 12:29pm

no you run the /db/build on the root url of the site, Its not a console command or anything OS specific. So if you have http://mysite.com you go to http://mysite.com/db/build which does it.

Fading

Community Member, 15 Posts

4 December 2008 at 2:31pm

Edited: 04/12/2008 2:31pm

Hello,

I am new to Silver Stripe and am having trouble placing the Gallery module in it's functional place. I have installed it, just am not sure exactly where it is supposed to be go. I read the installation instructions and am not sure where the 'Root' folder is. please help!

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

5 December 2008 at 3:40am

the root folder is the one with your 'themes', 'mysite', 'tutorial' etc folders in.

Fading

Community Member, 15 Posts

5 December 2008 at 4:59pm

Thank you for your response!

Oh, ok that is what I had thought and that is where the Gallery folder is placed. So, then why is the Gallery not showing up in the Page Types?