Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

Themes in stable 2.1: where is my css?

Go to End

5 Posts   1746 Views

Community Member, 501 Posts

16 October 2007 at 11:55pm

Edited: 17/10/2007 12:25am

In the stable version of 2.1 I'm not getting my stylesheets to work.
In rc1 all I had to do was setting SSViewer::set_theme('mytheme');
but that doesn't seem to do much anymore... I'm not seeeing any styles attached.

It worked with the default black candy theme, then I changed ssviewer:set_theme in the _config.php file.

2 Posts

20 October 2007 at 4:02am

I am having the exact same issue as dio5.

Community Member, 501 Posts

20 October 2007 at 4:07am

I solved this by manually setting the stylesheet links in the file.

Don't know if that's the recommended way though...

2 Posts

20 October 2007 at 4:47am

Edited: 20/10/2007 4:47am

Which one of the several
I was trying to check out the paddygreen-theme just for fun and in the end just renamed it to the default theme. Result was a broken layout.
But nevermind, since I'm not to enthusiastic about SilverStripe after all it's not really worth the effort.

Thanks anyway.

Forum Moderator, 5522 Posts

22 October 2007 at 9:48pm

Edited: 22/10/2007 9:48pm

In PaddyGreen we will have to check this out but for your CSS files you should have this in your Page.php (in mysite/code)

function init() {

Requirements loads CSS files based on what theme you have set. So in your _config.php you will have SSViewer::set_theme('PaddyGreen') and having that init() in your php will automagiclly look for the css files in PaddyGreen/css. Or you can edit the main (If using PaddyGreen it will be themes/PaddyGreen/templates/ and add the CSS files as per any standard CSS Linking method :D. Why we have requirements for the css is something I dont even know! I personally prefer the second method.. I just like to have full control over them in my templates.