Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

500 Internal server error when not logged in

Go to End

2 Posts   2171 Views

Vitaemachina

1 Post

20 October 2007 at 4:27am

Edited: 20/10/2007 5:01am

Hi, I just started messing around with SilverStripe last night, after a pretty exhaustive search amongst open source CMS's. So far I really like what I see, but this bug/error/misconfiguration on my part/etc. is driving me nuts and I'm hoping someone can help me out with it.

I was walking through the tutorial, and finished the segment on creating the News pages. Afterwards I turned in for the night, and woke up this morning to go take a look at the site and start trying to figure out how to implement my ideas. However, anytime I look at a page, seemingly at random but frequently triggered after F5 or Ctrl-F5, I get a 500 Internal Server Error, and it doesn't even use the custom ErrorPage for a 500 ISE I set up in the CMS.

Here's the URL for the website, www.whisperedenigma.com.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm sifting through documentation host side (GoDaddy.com) and not seeing anything...

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It does it on every page/subpage I have so far, but seems to do it most frequently on the home page.

EDIT2: My site is now having issues reading .htaccess and running the site as PHP5 and not PHP4...so I'm going to blow away SS, and start over. Maybe that'll get it working.

sonictruth

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 February 2008 at 3:53am

If you have the "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" problem when you refresh and you're using firefox with SilverStripe at godaddy
comment the line:
//header("Last-Modified: " . self::gmt_date(self::$modification_date));
in sapphire/core/HTTP.php

When this line is enabled the next request from firefox will be with If-Modified-Since header.
This seems to mess up godaddy... don't know why yet.