Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Tag Cloud in Blog Module shows ? instead of ä, ö, ü

Go to End

12 Posts   4830 Views

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

14 February 2010 at 5:48am

Ah, maybe, I’m not a developer. In any case, the blog of the last site I’ve done is in French and it can show the chars ä, ö, ü, etc.

Thanks for contributing with your ticket.
Juan

Solo

Community Member, 32 Posts

16 February 2010 at 2:13pm

This case only non latin languages i think, English, French, German must be ok, but Chinese and Russian may case problems.

PitrusCitrus

Community Member, 3 Posts

24 June 2010 at 6:07am

Edited: 24/06/2010 6:11am

WOW=) Thanks Juanitou, that seamed to do the trick. Just by adding "mb_" to the line. Im not a programmer so I dont know what the extra letters mean, but the main thing is that it works now, =)

"
I had to use some htmlentities() for the Archive widget and the following change in line 55 of TagCloudWidget.php:

$theseTags = split(" *, *", mb_strtolower(trim($entry->Tags)));

Also, try to save your templates in UTF8 without BOM.
"

PitrusCitrus

Community Member, 3 Posts

9 July 2010 at 6:24am

"I had to use some htmlentities() for the Archive widget" What kind of changes did you do to the Archive widget Juan?

Ive noticed that the change made to the line in TagCloudWidget.php fixed the problem with the non english characters in the tagcloud but the actual link code is still not working and showing %C3%A4 instead of non english characters (äåö).

Go to Top