Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

new user/member sign up[solved]

Go to End

4 Posts   2132 Views

digibrains

Community Member, 130 Posts

6 September 2010 at 8:23am

Edited: 07/09/2010 4:28pm

I need some advice/push in the right direction, please.

SS 2.4.1
blog 0.4.0

I'm using the blog module and I have comments turned on, but with login required to post a comment.

This works great except if someone wants to leave a comment and they're not already a member, they don't really have a way to "sign up" for an account as the default installation goes. So my question is, how would I go about implementing such a system?

Ideally I'd like to approve all requests by default. So if a user was to submit a request they would automatically be added to a member list and have access rights to post a comment. My thinking is that I could just make a form that adds a users signup info to the members list. That simple.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Any tutorials already written? Any suggestions?

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
C.b

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 September 2010 at 7:19pm

Ajshort has a good profile / registration module available - http://github.com/ajshort/silverstripe-memberprofiles

digibrains

Community Member, 130 Posts

7 September 2010 at 4:27pm

Perfect!

Better than perfect, even.

Is this not listed in the modules?
http://silverstripe.org/modules

This module is just one more reason to use SS.

Chris.b

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 September 2010 at 5:32pm

No idea why its not listed!

As good as silverstripe.org/modules is, it is not a complete list. You can find a ton more on the svn repo or on some of the core developers (like ajshorts) github account. Defiantly one thing that could be an improvement to the modules section is including links to 'unreleased' subversion modules or github profiles (which it doesn't support).