Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

PageComments in BlogEntries

Go to End

4 Posts   1627 Views

tonito

Community Member, 24 Posts

29 August 2010 at 2:54pm

I would like to add PageComments to my BlogEntries or BlogSummary, however adding $PageComments in the templates doesn't work (it returns a blank).

I looked at the BlogEntries function on the BlogTree.php page, and the function seems to return the BlogEntry filtered by date or author, so I feel it should work.

Is there a simple way to add PageComments to BlogEntries, or Is not not possible to display multiple $PageComments on one page (in my case the BlogHolder)?

I afraid this is a very nooby question, but help would be appreciated.

edenview

Community Member, 13 Posts

11 November 2011 at 6:21pm

Unfortunately I don't have a fix either but I too am interested in a way that works on BlogSummary.ss or BlogHolder.ss

$PageComments definately works on BlogEntry.ss

It seems that when multiple BlogEntry.ss files are called, $PageComments won't work.

It is possible to include facebook comments though but to me it's no good because not everyone has facebook.

I'll be editing the BlogHolder.ss so that people can comment on the new BlogEntry.ss instead and spend more time coding.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

12 November 2011 at 2:50pm

This is because of an issue around scope. You see the PageComments form is attached to the *controller*. When use iterate over a set of blog entries (like <% control BlogEntities %> your scope is the BlogEntry.php class (model) not the controller. With the new comments module for 3.0 this would make doing this possible but not implemented just yet.

edenview

Community Member, 13 Posts

12 November 2011 at 3:07pm

Thanks for that Willr. It makes sense now.

I Look forward to version 3.0.

I will continue development on my website in the mean time so no pressure for the update then.

Edenview Photography