Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Blog Module /

Discuss the Blog Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Using by BlogSideBar on non-blog pages

Go to End

2 Posts   1525 Views

Kakedis

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 March 2011 at 3:05pm

Edited: 10/03/2011 3:06pm

Hi Guys,

Noobi here and in need of help or some old fashion code advice. I installed the blog module successfully, but I will also utilize some additional pages along with blog module such as Contact Us and About Us pages. However, my blog will be the driving force behind my site and therefore I wanted to include my blog side bar (which includes my blog widgets) on these other pages like Contact Us and About Us.

I my coding knowledge is very little, but I was succesful so far by hacking away at the code. Feeling confident I though it will be straight forward utilizing the blog side bar on all pages. All I had to do is to replace the

<% include SideBar %>
string in my page.ss page in my template directory with the
<% include BlogSideBar %>
string, right ?! However this did nothing to my other pages. Then I thought I'll add both strings below each other, but still no results.

Can someone tell me where I need to insert the blogSideBar string or what I need to change to utilize the blog side bar string on non-blog pages?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

digibrains

Community Member, 130 Posts

15 March 2011 at 5:11am